From the cobbled streets of Toledo to the arabesque Alhambra and Manueline Lisbon, scratch beneath the surface of these two amazing countries. Sample their signature dishes, share in their culture, and stand in awe at the legacy of their rich sea-faring history.
- Toledo: Visit a workshop where artisans create authentic damascene ware, an art passed down over the centuries. Walk the cobbled streets where Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures flurished in the Middle Ages and view El Greco's masterpiece in the church of Santo Tomé.
- Granada: Join a local expert at the Alhambra Palace, the ultimate in Muslim architecture, an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the scented Generalife Gardens.
- Seville: From the Moorish Patio de los Naranjos, step inside the Cathedral, past the altarpiece dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings. Enjoy a walking tour through the pretty squares and narrow lanes of the Santa Cruz Quarter, emerging by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Jabugo: In a small village dotted with chestnut trees and holm oaks, experience the lingering aroma and incomparable taste of pure Iberian ham.
- Lisbon: Ezperience a ride on one of Lisbon's vintage trams through the narrow maze of streets. See the Monument to the Discoveries and ancient Belem Tower. Enjoy a demonstration and tasting of the famous pasteis de belem'. Visit Jeronimo's church with its beautiful Manueline Architecture, reflecting Portugal's trade over the centuies.
- Fatima: Join the faithful at one of the world's holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of Apparitions.
- Algarve: Drive along the sun-drenched coast.
- Salamanca: See the Plaza Mayor and Puente Romano.
- Avila: Walk within the ancient walls of this unique town.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Place, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
Day 1: Overnight flight to Madrid
Day 2: Arrive in Madrid, at leisure, Welcome Reception
Day 3: The Old Capital of Toledo and on to Granada
Day 4: The Alhambra and Seville, City of Carmen
Day 5: Seville at leisure
Day 6: Over the plains of the Alentejo to Lisbon
Day 7: Lisbon and the Age of the Discoveries
Day 8: Holy Fatima and Golden Salamanca
Day 9: Through Old Castile to St. Theresa's Avila and on to Madrid
Day 10: Madrid - depart for home
$40 voucher toward a selection of optional excursions
On-tour transportation via luxury motorcoach
Airport/hotel transfers at scheduled times
Hotel service charges, taxes & porterage
8 buffet breakfasts
1 Highlight Dinner
1 Celebration Dinner
1 three-course table d'hôte dinner, or buffet, plus tea or coffee
Price shown is per person, double occupancy and is based on October 2, 2015 departure. Other dates/rates are available.