This insurance does not apply to any accident resulting from:
- An Insured Person riding as a passenger in, entering, or exiting any aircraft while acting or training as a pilot or crew member. (This exclusion does not apply to passengers who temporarily perform pilot or crew functions in a life threatening emergency);
- An Insured Person’s emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, disease, pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage, bacterial or viral infection, bodily malfunctions or medical or surgical treatment thereof. (This exclusion doesn’t apply to bacterial infection caused by an Accident or by Accidental consumption of a substance contaminated by bacteria);
- An Insured Person’s commission or attempted commission of a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation;
- An Insured Person being incarcerated after conviction;
- An Insured Person being intoxicated while driving a vehicle at the time of an Accident. Intoxication is defined by the laws of the jurisdiction where such Accident occurs;
- An Insured Person being under the influence of any narcotic unless administered on the advice of a Physician;
- An Insured Person participating in military action while in active military service with the armed forces of any country or established international authority. (This exclusion does not apply to the first sixty (60) consecutive days of active military service with the armed forces of any country or established international authority;
- An Insured Person’s suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury;
- A declared or undeclared War.
Insurance is underwritten by
FEDERAL INSURANCE COMPANY,
a member insurer of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
AAA Ohio Auto Club
The policy provides limited accident insurance only. The policy does not provide coverage for legal liability. It does not provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance.
The coverage described in this literature may not be available in all jurisdictions. This literature is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policy as written, policy #9907-56-24 Exclusions and limitations apply. Chubb, Box 1615, Warren, NJ 07061-1615.
All claims must be reported to the Plan Administrator within 90 days of the accident. The benefit amount is payable only if treatment is first incurred within 90 days after the accident. Accident Medical Expense is payable only for medical expenses incurred within 52 weeks after the date of the accident causing the accidental bodily injury.
Any person knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person, files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing any materially false information or conceals for the purpose of misleading information concerning any fact material thereto commits a fraudulent insurance act, which is a crime and subjects such person to criminal and/or civil penalties.