Ohio.AAA.com is produced by AAA Ohio Auto Club (“AAA Ohio Auto Club”, “us”, or “we”). AAA Ohio Auto Club provides the Ohio.AAA.com site and various related services (together referred to as the “Site”) subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service. By using the Site, you are entering into a legal agreement with AAA Ohio Auto Club to abide by these TOS. If you do not wish to be bound by the TOS, please exit the Site now.
Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site, or anything available on the Site, is to stop using the Site or the particular services. Specific services that we offer may require registration and an active membership status (member-exclusive features). Failure to provide the required personal information to complete a registration will result in a denial of access to these specific services. You may continue to use other, limited Site services without completing a registration.
AAA Ohio Auto Club may amend these TOS from time to time by updating this page without notice to you. Your continued use of the Site after revisions have been made will indicate your acceptance of the revised TOS. Please periodically review this page for updates to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version. In addition, when using particular services at Ohio.AAA.com, you and AAA Ohio Auto Club shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
With the exception of Otto Club content and some Traffic Safety programs, the Site is not targeted to children. We do not sell products intended for purchase by children. To the extent that any child-related products are available on the Site, they are for purchase by adults. If you are under the applicable legal age to enter into a binding contract, you must have a parent or guardian register and/or make a purchase for you.
When used in these TOS, certain words have particular meanings:
AAA Ohio Auto Club’s “Affiliates” are all parties involved in creating, producing, and/or delivering the Site that have a relationship with AAA Ohio Auto Club separate from these TOS, including but not limited to: our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, information providers, partners, sponsors, contractors, advertisers, and suppliers of products and services to AAA Ohio Auto Club. An entity does not become an Affiliate just because they are a vendor on Ohio.AAA.com. Nothing in these TOS create any obligations of any Affiliate to you, or gives you any rights against any Affiliate.
A “Third Party” is any entity other than AAA Ohio Auto Club or our employees or agents when properly acting in that capacity.
Something is “available on the Site” when a user is able to perceive or obtain it by using the Site, even if further, off-Site action (including payment) is needed. For example, if you contract for services with a company, and the Site’s only role was that you read a news article about it, those services are still “available on the Site” for purposes of these TOS.
“Material” on the Site refers to any product, service, information, content, and anything else available on the Site, regardless of its source.
A “Submission” is anything that a user transmits to the Site, regardless of ultimate destination.
When a form of the word “include” is used to give specific examples of something, it is not meant to exclude any other possibilities.
Copyright and Trademark
You acknowledge and agree that the site and any necessary software used in conjunction with the site contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that content contained in advertisements or information presented to you through the Site or its advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the site, in whole or in part. The Site and all of its contents and components (including Submissions, underlying code, graphics, etc.) are copyrighted.
Copyright © 1999-2018 AAA Ohio Auto Club. All rights reserved. All trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing in these TOS grants you any right to use any trademark, service mark, logo, or trade name of AAA Ohio Auto Club or any Third Party.
Some content available on the Site may represent the opinions and judgments of a Third Party. AAA Ohio Auto Club does not investigate and is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of, any Third Party information, opinion, advice, or statement available on the Site, unless given by an authorized AAA Ohio Auto Club spokesperson acting in his/her official capacity. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, reliability, completeness, and usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, or other content available on the Site.
While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, under no circumstances will AAA Ohio Auto Club or our Affiliates be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any information, opinion, advice, or statement available on the Site. (If you notice an error, please contact us via email at email@example.com.) Additional important terms appear in the Disclaimer below.
You are solely responsible for all Submissions from your account. All Submissions must comply with the Code of Conduct appearing later in these TOS. We may monitor or review Submissions from time to time, although we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any Submission. AAA Ohio Auto Club will cooperate with law enforcement authorities or court orders directing AAA Ohio Auto Club to disclose account information relating to origin of any Submission. These TOS do not affect the copyright ownership of your Submissions. By transmitting a Submission, you are granting AAA Ohio Auto Club perpetual, non-exclusive, permission to use, modify, display, and distribute that Submission in any manner worldwide.
Portions of the Site may involve linking to or using web sites belonging to Third Parties. Because AAA Ohio Auto Club has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that AAA Ohio Auto Club is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AAA or AAA Ohio Auto Club of the site. You further acknowledge and agree that AAA Ohio Auto Club shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. All use of Third-Party sites is at your own risk.
Buying on the Site
The Site includes various areas where users can buy (or otherwise obtain) products, services, and information. You undertake any transaction at your own risk. Please review the Disclaimer and Code of Conduct appearing later in these TOS for additional important provisions. Children under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian before making a purchase on the Site.
While we make reasonable efforts to have only reputable entities as our Affiliates, we cannot be responsible for the actions or omissions of any Affiliates or Third Parties. It is your sole responsibility to decide with whom, and on what terms, you will do business on or through the Site. We may cancel any offer at any time without notice.
Your use of any aspect of the Site is at your own risk. Neither AAA Ohio Auto Club nor any Affiliate will be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, punitive, exemplary, or other damages, whether under any contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or other theory, and regardless of whether it has been advised of the possibility of such claim or damage, arising in connection with:
- your use of (or inability to use) the Site or any Site component, including any transactions that involve the Site;
- any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site;
- any Material available (or intended to be available) on the Site;
- any error or omission of AAA Ohio Auto Club, or any act or omission of any Third Party;
- any error, delay, interruption, operational problem, unavailability, or failure in the Site, any Site component, or any directly or indirectly related equipment, system, programming, or network (including the Internet);
- any breach of security involving the Site or your account; or
- any viruses or other code or component that may affect your computer system or other property as a result of your use of the Site.
IN NO EVENT SHALL LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FROM ANY MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE EXCEED $200. If we elect to offer any form of guarantee or warranty program in connection with aspects of the Site, that program will be strictly limited to its terms, and will not limit anything in these TOS except to the extent those terms expressly so state.
AAA Ohio Auto Club and our Affiliates:
- make no warranties or representations as to the completeness, accuracy, currency, or availability of anything available (or intended to be available) on the Site; and
- will not be liable or responsible for any typographical or other errors, or any omissions, in anything available on the Site (regardless of the cause or party responsible), or for any resulting damages.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TOS, EVERYTHING AVAILABLE ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
ANY WARRANTY PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANYTHING AVAILABLE ON THE SITE FROM A THIRD PARTY IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND NOT BY AAA OHIO AUTO CLUB OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES (except to the extent that such Third Party is an Affiliate). AAA Ohio Auto Club cannot take responsibility for the quality or any other matter relating to anything offered by a Third Party.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AAA Ohio Auto Club and our Affiliates, and the respective employees, directors, officers, and agents of each, against any and all claims, damages, or costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arise directly or indirectly from:
- your breach of these TOS;
- any loss or damage experienced from your use or attempted use of (or inability to use) the Site, including any transactions that you conduct or attempt;
- your violation of any law or regulation;
- your infringement of any right of any Third Party; and
- any other matter for which you are responsible hereunder or under law.
Code of Conduct
You agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, including any mail sent and any charges incurred, unless you have notified us by e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (to 1-888-222-6446) that your account has been compromised, and have requested us to block access to it. Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct or the TOS is grounds for immediate limitation or termination of your account without notice, and, in certain cases, can subject you to civil or criminal penalties. We do not police for, and cannot guarantee that we will learn of or prevent, any inappropriate use of the Site.
You may not use the Site in any manner that:
- infringes (or results in the infringement of) AAA Ohio Auto Club’s or any Third Party’s intellectual property or other rights;
- is (or you reasonably believe to be) illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized, or in furtherance of any illegal, counterfeiting, fraudulent, pirating, unauthorized, or violent activity, or that involves (or you reasonably believe to involve) any stolen, illegal, counterfeit, fraudulent, pirated, or unauthorized material;
- does not comply with all applicable laws, rules, or regulations, including obtaining all necessary permits, licenses, registrations, etc. In the case of any proposed or actual transaction, “applicable” refers to both your own location and to location(s) of all other parties to the transaction; or
- would cause AAA Ohio Auto Club and/or any Affiliate to be in violation of any law or regulation, or to infringe any right of any Third Party.
You may not use the Site to post, store, transmit, offer, or solicit anything that contains the following, or that you know contains links to the following or to locations that in turn contain links to the following:
- material that meets any of the descriptions in 1, above;
- material that we determine to be offensive (including material promoting or glorifying hate, violence, bigotry, or any entity (past or present) principally dedicated to such causes, or items associated with such an entity);
- material that is defamatory or threatening;
- pornography (including any obscene material, and anything depicting children in sexually suggestive situations whether or not depicting actual children); or
- any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component.
You may not do (or attempt to do) any of the following in connection with the Site:
- Restrict or inhibit use of the Site. This includes: (a) using any account without the owner’s permission; (b) obtaining or soliciting another person’s password or other personal information under false pretenses; or (c) impersonating another user or otherwise misrepresenting yourself in any manner, whether to another user, to us, or otherwise.
- Interfere with the operation of the Site. This includes: (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any access or security function of the Site; or (b) accessing any portion of the Site that you are not authorized to access.
- Misuse any e-mail function available on the Site. This includes: (a) sending unsolicited commercial e-mail that causes complaints from the recipients; (b) continuing to send commercial e-mail to a recipient who has requested that you discontinue such communication; (c) sending bulk e-mails, “spam”, chain letters, “mail bombs”, or other disruptive transmissions; or (d) forging message headers or otherwise concealing an e-mail address or preventing others sending a response to a actual sender of a message.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, reproduce, duplicate, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Site. This includes framing or mirroring any part of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice contained in any Material.
- Use any robot, spider, site search or retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data-mine, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Material.
- Harvest, collect, or mine information about other users of the Site.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Material on the Site.
AAA Ohio Auto Club, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account, or use of the Site for any reason, or if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and you acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information without prior notice. Further you agree that AAA Ohio Auto Club shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site.
Specific services that we offer may be subject to supplemental terms (such as an active membership status) that are posted on the Site or provided to you when you select such services. Your use of such services is subject to all such supplemental terms. In the event of a conflict between these TOS and any supplemental terms, the supplemental terms will control.
We may at any time, without prior notice:
- cancel any user account, or limit any user’s access to all or portions of the Site;
- change or eliminate any component of the Site;
- impose, remove, or change any fees or charges for use of the Site or any feature thereof; and
- assign any and all of our rights under these TOS to any other entity.
These TOS will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s permitted successors and assigns. We may elect to keep archives of all or parts of the Site, but we cannot guarantee that anything available on the Site, or any records or information relating to the Site, will be archived, or that any archives will be preserved or made publicly available. We may delete any such information without notice, at our sole discretion.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and any password(s), and must immediately notify Ohio.AAA.com of any unauthorized use of your account. Protect your password — remember that you are responsible for all use of your account. AAA Ohio Auto Club personnel will never ask you for your password.
Although the Site may be accessible worldwide, various materials, areas, and/or functions of the Site may not be available to all persons in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. We may impose and change such limitations in our sole discretion. Any offer for any material is void where prohibited.
Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed to limit the actions or remedies available to AAA Ohio Auto Club or our Affiliates with respect to any prohibited activity or conduct. Non-enforcement of any term of these TOS does not constitute consent or waiver, and AAA Ohio Auto Club reserves the right to enforce such term at our sole discretion. No waiver of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. These TOS are for the benefit of AAA Ohio Auto Club and our Affiliates (and respective assignees), and each shall have the right to assert and enforce its provisions against you directly on its own behalf. These TOS supersede any prior agreements between you and AAA Ohio Auto Club with regard to your use of the Site. AAA Ohio Auto Club reserves the right to change the TOS at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Your conduct may be subject to local, state, and national laws. Any action to be brought in connection with these TOS or the Site shall be brought in the state or federal courts in the State of Ohio, United States of America, and you irrevocably consent to their jurisdiction. In any action to enforce this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorney fees. In the event that any provision of these TOS are held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to keep these TOS otherwise in full force and effect. Nothing in this Agreement creates any agency, employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and AAA Ohio Auto Club or any Affiliate.
Except as maybe expressly stated in these TOS, these TOS constitute the entire agreement between AAA Ohio Auto Club and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all other agreements existing between us relating thereto are hereby cancelled.